THE INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS INSPECTORATE
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) is a body approved for the purpose of inspection under Section 162A of the Education Act 2002. As such we report to the Department for Education (DfE) on the extent to which schools meet statutory requirements.
ISI is the agency responsible for the inspection of schools in membership of the Associations of the Independent Schools Council (ISC).
ISI inspections of independent schools are required to:
- Report to the DfE the extent to which ISC schools comply with the Education (Independent School Standards) (England) Regulations 2003 and later amendments (referred to as the ‘regulatory requirements')
- Where applicable, report to DfE on compliance with the requirements of the National Minimum Standards (NMS) for boarding schools
- Where applicable, report to Ofsted on compliance with the requirements of the Childcare Act 2006 including the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Assure ISC Associations that their member schools maintain the quality of provision expected
- Help schools to improve, and inform parents of the quality of member schools
Park Lane International School underwent an ISI inspection in November 2014. You can download the full ISI report here.