ICT Development Plan for Park Lane
It is our aim that over the next academic year that as a school we will:
- Have an Apple Computer (MacBook or Mac Mini) for every child in Year 5 and up.
- Have a new LapSafe stored in the Year 3S classroom.
- We will replenish the computers for Years 2, 3 and 4 who will have new Apple Mac Mini’s.
- Continue to upgrade the ICT programs available for the teaching and learning at Park Lane.
- Begin to put in place a new ICT curriculum across Key Stages 1 and 2, based on the National Curriculum of England outcomes.
- Implement an internationally recognised portal called ‘Fronter’ which originated in Norway and is a child friendly and more interactive online environment. ‘Fronter’ can be used both at home and in school as a way for pupils to further their ICT and cross curricular skills.
- Have an E-Safety Policy in place which outlines for staff, parents and pupils how the internet should be used and what the boundaries of safe access are within Park Lane School.
You can download the full report here.